February 22nd, 2018
Winter Family Activities
A few weekends ago we were blessed with a big beautiful snow storm. Though I’m ready for warmer weather I’ve been praying for more snow as we’ve been working hard on the winter instalment of the “Into the Woods” collection for our shop.
My in-laws live north of the city which made for the perfect backdrop for our shoot. Once we were all done and the little one woke up from his nap we decided to take him out for his first time in the snow! Since I already had my camera with us we got these impromptu family photographs (thanks to my ah-mazing sissy in law). Even though I’m a photographer when we go out as a family I’ve gotten used to just bringing along my iPhone as the camera. It was nice to get these proper family shots. I want to always remember J’s laugh and giggle as we were running him back and forth through the snow.
Ko and I were brainstorming a list of things to do this winter a few months ago and thought I’d share some here. Though the snow is gone for now its still going to be a month or so till warmer weather! We are looking forward to checking off a bunch of these indoor activities asap!
WINTER FAMILY ACTIVITIES
- Afternoon at the museum (for Torontonians: The Rom or AGO)
- Science Centre (I loved going as a kid)
- Visit an Aquarium
- Casa Loma
- Indoor Play Place (I love Tiny Town in Vaughn)
- Play Cafe
- Visit your local Library
- Paint Lounge
- Movie Night
- Build a fort
- S’mores by the fire
- Do you want to….Build a snowman?
- Make snow angels (then take photos!)
- Ice Skating (Indoor or outdoor)
- Winter walk in the snow (I love taking walks while its snowing, usually the temperature warms up a little during the snowfall which makes it perfect for a walk like in these photos – it was shockingly mild out!)
Have any other ideas? Comment below!
Lots of love, Anna XO